BNKC Architects is a mid-sized firm with 50 years’ experience in providing a wide range of architectural and urban design services. The firm is dedicated to enhancing an award-winning design history while serving clients through exemplary professional attention to project execution. Currently the firm is engaged in major academic, commercial, and institutional architectural projects in the GTA, as well as significant urban design and mixed-use projects, both locally and internationally.
BNKC is seeking an ambitious, passionate, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Intern Architect. The successful candidate will have between 3-5 years’ professional Canadian experience in architectural design and implementation.
The successful candidate will possess excellent design skills combined with detailing and design development experience and knowledge of building systems with diverse software including REVIT, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office will be required. 3D modelling skills are essential. This position will appeal to anyone wishing to expand their range of experience and looking for growth within a cooperative team environment.
- Architectural degree. Registered OAA Intern Architect or the ability to register with the OAA;
- Preferred minimum of 3 years’ Canadian experience in the design and production of projects;
- Strong knowledge and fluent in Revit Architecture;
- Strong knowledge of building systems and detailing;
- Excellent ability with 3D Modelling skills;
- Knowledge in Rhino and Grasshopper and asset;
- Ability to work independently, developing and coordinating drawings;
- The ability to lead multiple projects and coordinate with various consulting professionals;
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Preferred experience in Site Planning, ZBA submissions;
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, current building systems and materials;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy; and
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Architectural degree. Registered OAA Intern Architect or the ability to register with the OAA
- Meet with the firm’s principals, project managers and clients to review project requirements;
- Produce conceptual building elevations, floor plans, and site plans including renderings for proposals and marketing;
- Space plan buildings to suit clients’ specific needs;
- Architectural schematic design and presentation of assigned projects in our wide body of work;
- Prepare architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.;
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawing;
- Develop projects through the design development and contract documentation stages;
- Liaise with management, project team; and consultants;
- Contribute to the overall success of the projects by committing to utilizing best practices;
- Assure that all deadlines are met.
BNKC’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
BNKC is committed to the health and safety of our studio members, clients and community. As such, being fully vaccinated, as defined by the Ministry of Health, is a term of employment (refer to: COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated Status in Ontario).
Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 as recommended by Public Health and in accordance of The Ontario Human Rights Code
Please email CV and work samples in PDF format only to hr@BNKC.ca. Word files will not be opened. No telephone enquiries please.
BNKC Architects Inc.
Architecture + Urban Design
672 Dupont Street, Suite 410
Toronto, ON M6G 1Z6