Junior Co-Op Student
Co-op Junior Architecture Student for Winter, Summer, Fall (BArch or 1st yr MArch)
Description of Firm
BNKC Architects is a mid-sized firm with 50 years’ experience in providing a wide range of architectural and urban design services. The firm is dedicated to enhancing an award-winning design history while serving clients through exemplary professional attention to project execution. Currently the firm is engaged in major academic, commercial, and institutional architectural projects in the GTA, as well as significant urban design and mixed-use projects, both locally and internationally.
BNKC is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Architecture Co-Op Student. Candidates should be currently enrolled in an architecture program.
The successful candidate will possess strong design skills combined with technical skills. The ideal candidate must have strong Revit skills, the ability to use Sketch Up and other 3D rendering programs. This position will appeal to anyone wishing to expand their range of experience and looking for growth within a cooperative team environment.
- Currently enrolled in an architecture program;
- Ability to work independently;
- Working knowledge of Revit, Adobe CC, MS Office Suite, Sketchup;
- Hand sketching, physical model making and familiarity with 3D printing would be considered an asset, but not required;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy;
- Willingness to design at all scales, from small residential to larger master plans;
- Enjoy collaboration;
- Intellectually curious and a willingness to learn and take accountability for your role.
- Working closely with the Project Managers and members of your team at various phases of a project, including: development of design concepts, massing, plans, elevations, visualization, diagrams, physical modelling;
- Contribute ideas to project(s) you work on;
- Work closely with principals and associates;
- Work independently and solve problems;
- Take part in project and office administration duties;
- Assistance with social media, presentations, and proposals.
- Participate in meetings, proposals, and presentations;
- Attend Lunch & Learns that you are interested in;
- Participate in bi-weekly design meetings.
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Word files will not be opened. No telephone enquiries please.