Description of Firm
BNKC Architects is a mid-sized firm with over 50 years’ experience in providing a wide range of architectural and urban design services. The firm is dedicated to enhancing an award-winning design legacy while serving clients through exemplary attention to project execution. Currently, the firm is engaged in major academic, commercial, residential, and institutional architectural projects in the GTA, as well as significant urban design and mixed-use projects.
We are looking for a Contract Administrator who will contribute their outstanding skills to the planning, design, and implementation of a wide variety of projects. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of architecture, a passion for design innovation and excellence, and a commitment to technical quality and constructability. They will work closely with principals, associates, and architects in a collaborative studio environment to contribute design ideas and provide direction to project teams. The successful candidate can work collaboratively with clients, consultants, internal team members, and external project partners like contractors and trades. They have experience navigating project workflows and injecting their knowledge along the way.
- Proficiency in Revit, Autocad, and Bluebeam is essential;
- 10+ years’ experience required;
- Mixed-Use and institutional project experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to coordinate with various consulting professionals;
- A collaborative approach and familiarity with the construction industry;
- Strong contract, schedule; and budget management skills;
- Strong work ethic, and ability to work efficiently with accuracy;
- Detailed knowledge of Canadian construction practices, building technology, specifications, and products;
- Experience working with designers to carry Construction Documents though the CA process while engaging with both Clients and CMs/GCs.”;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Provide construction administration functions to projects, including both office functions (certificates of payments, preparation of CO’s PC’s, CD’s etc.) and field functions (attendance at site meetings, preparation of site instructions, field review reports, etc.);
- Organize, direct, and manage contract administration for projects;
- Implement the project as directed by, or in consultation with, the project team;
- Supervise the work effort of others on assigned projects;
- Work in a collaborative team environment, primarily in construction administration with involvement, as required, in other aspects of design, including pre-tender document review;
- Report to the project architect on a regular basis outlining status of job, cost control, and scheduling issues including general progress.
- A degree or diploma from an accredited institution in Architecture.
BNKC’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
BNKC is committed to the health and safety of our studio members, clients, and community. As such, being fully vaccinated, as defined by the Ministry of Health, is a term of employment (refer to: COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated Status in Ontario).
Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 as recommended by Public Health and in accordance with The Ontario Human Rights Code.
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Word files will not be opened. No telephone enquiries please.