Intermediate Intern Architect
Description of Firm
bnkc architects is a mid-sized firm with 50 years’ experience in providing a wide range of architectural and urban design services. The firm is dedicated to enhancing an award-winning design history while serving clients through exemplary professional attention to project execution. Currently the firm is engaged in major academic, commercial, and institutional architectural projects in the GTA, as well as significant urban design and mixed-use projects, both locally and internationally.
bnkc is seeking an ambitious, passionate, enthusiastic and detail-oriented Intern Architect. The successful candidate will have a between 3-5 year’s professional Canadian experience in architectural design and implementation.
The successful candidate will possess excellent design skills combined with detailing and design development experience and knowledge of building systems with diverse software including REVIT, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office will be required. 3D modelling skills will be a required. This position will appeal to anyone wishing to expand their range of experience and looking for growth within a cooperative team environment.
· Architectural degree. Registered OAA Intern Architect or the ability to register with the OAA;
· Preferred minimum of 3 years’ Canadian experience in the design and production of projects.
· Strong knowledge and fluent in Revit Architecture 2015.
· Strong knowledge of building systems and detailing.
· Excellent ability with 3D Modelling skills.
· Ability to work independently, developing and coordinating drawings.
· The ability to lead multiple projects and coordinate with various consulting professionals.
· Fluent in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Preferred experience in Site Planning, ZBA submissions;
· Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, current building systems and materials;
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks;
· Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy; and
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Architectural degree. Registered OAA Intern Architect or the ability to register with the OAA
· Meet with the firm’s principals, project managers and clients to review project requirements
· Produce conceptual building elevations, floor plans, and site plans including renderings for proposals and marketing
· Space plan buildings to suit clients’ specific needs