Business Development & Marketing Manager
bnkc is seeking an ambitious, passionate, enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual who will be responsible for the overall management and organization of the development of new business and the marketing of the firm in support of that goal. This also includes organization and management of public relations, market research, branding, and strategic planning.
Role and Responsibilities
· Search and identify project opportunities and bids that suit the firm’s core sectors
· Develop and guide responses to RFPs; create winning bid packages
· Maximize networking opportunities and use conferences, events and trade shows to increase the practice’s profile in the industry and core sectors and develop a further network of contacts
· Ensure appropriate representation of the practice in the industry and core sectors; also, represent firm when appropriate
· Brief Partners on business trends with a view to developing a pipeline of new business
· Develop firm’s knowledge of the AEC market, competitors, and core sectors to inform Partners’ decisions on strategy
· Identify potential areas for exploiting the existing firm’s expertise.
· Control firm’s presentation to the market to be in line with brand
· Identify opportunities to secure and develop the firm’s competitive advantage
· Develop and implement a marketing strategy to meet strategic objectives
· Identify marketing opportunities and develop strategic communication campaigns to strengthen awareness and reputation of the firm’s brand
· Study and understand market, growth drivers and segments for potential development
· Analyze relevant data to help shape future marketing strategies
· Conduct marketing research to identify potential new clients, projects and sectors for targeted business development.
· Sources and manages annual awards programs and submissions
· Participates in additional studio related design strategies that support the studio’s profile (such as competitions)
· Supports branding initiatives including internal and external communications
· Manages the firm’s marketing content (social media, website, e-blasts etc.)
· Maintain communication with existing clients and contacts to maintain/ develop relationships and secure future work
· Manages the creation and packaging of architectural proposals, RFP submissions etc.
· Reviews requirements and gathers all necessary documentation and information
· Supports content generation/ writing including proof-reading/ editing
· Supports final submission / delivery of proposals and follow up
· 5+ years of marketing and/ or business development experience
· Competitive by nature, and results driven with a track record of exceeding targets
· Self starter with the ability to plan, organize, schedule and follow through
· Professional communication, presentation, listening and consulting skills
· Knowledge of the architectural and construction industries
· Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
· Understanding of the architectural or construction market / industry is an asset
· Exceptional writing skills, creativity and design sense with equal skills in design software (Adobe Suites: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, HTML)
· Strong conceptual, communication and listening skills being able to translate directions into proposals
· Team player and collaborator working with diverse teams internally and externally
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, be self-directed and take initiative
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Word files will not be opened. No telephone enquiries please.
bnkc architects Inc.
672 Dupont Street, Suite 410
Toronto, ON M6G 1Z6