Description of Firm
bnkc architects is a mid-sized firm with 50 years’ experience in providing a wide range of architectural and urban design services. The firm, is dedicated to enhancing an award-winning design history while serving clients through exemplary professional attention to project execution. Currently the firm is engaged in major academic, commercial, and institutional architectural projects in the GTA, as well as significant urban design projects, both locally and internationally.
bnkc is seeking an ambitious, passionate, enthusiastic and detail-oriented BIM Specialist. The successful candidate will have a between 3+ year’s professional Canadian experience in architectural design and implementation.
The successful candidate will possess excellent technical skills combined with communication and design development experience with diverse software including REVIT, ACAD, will be required. 3D modelling skills will be a definite positive. This position will appeal to anyone wishing to expand their range of experience and looking for growth within a cooperative team environment.
· College Diploma or University Degree in Architecture or Construction Engineering with a BIM focus.
· 3+ years working in a related field specializing in BIM Collaboration.
· Strong knowledge AEC Suite (AutoCAD, Revit, BIM360, Navisworks, etc).
· Familiarity with Coding and Dynamo, an asset.
· Construction knowledge is required
· Ability to train/explain technical BIM processes in simple terms to new users.
· Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued advancements in BIM while working effectively both independently and in multi-discipline teams.
· Must be organized and methodical.
· Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, building systems, and materials and methods, an asset
· Ability to work independently, developing and coordinating drawings.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks;
· Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy; and
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Architectural degree or diploma. Asset to be registered OAA Intern Architect, OAA Architect, or Licensed Technologist OAA.
· Oversee the integration of each project workflows in BIM,
· Report directly to Director of Digital Practice,
· Review/Audit/Update BIM Execution Plans alongside the consultant group to ensure all parties are aligned on efficiency when balancing time spent, LOD and data into the models,
· Identify, coordinate and model building elements as required,
· Responsible for maintaining BIM Standards and provide support internally alongside external BIM consultants,
· Support/Prepare architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.,
· Exploring lidar/3D scanning, VR, AR, digital planning, sustainable design, rendering and identifying and creating opportunities that can evolve BIM processes,
· Liaison with management, project team.
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to email@example.com or submit through the website. Word files will not be opened. No telephone enquiries please.
bnkc architecture + urban design
672 Dupont Street, Suite 410
Toronto, ON M6G 1Z6